Shopin releases a live demo of their blockchain and cryptocurrency platform to deliver branded tokens to retailers aimed at bringing lost marketing dollars back to the retail economy and consumers.
Shopin aims to bridge the gap between retailers, brands and consumers through blockchain, artificial intelligence and purchase data. Using the blueprint of success from online retail giants like Amazon and Alibaba, Shopin’s mission is to decentralize their proven technological advantages for all of retail.
- The retailer or brand can send content or advertising to the shopper via the Shopin app on their phones, emails, and other digital mediums.
- Instead of spending money to external firms to reach the shopper, the advertising capital goes to the shopper instead in the form of tokens.
- The retailer can issue the rewards in Shopin tokens or their own tokens through a simple interface. (see attached video)
- Branded tokens can carry different discounts or provide access to experiences and discounts for the shopper.
- At any stage the shopper can convert their brand tokens back into Shopin tokens to be used as a universal token or achieve liquidity.
“There is untold value in having liquidity to rewards you verifiably earned as opposed to current situations where your reward is stored in some database a company controls, mandates you interact with, and has full control over your redemption,” said Josh Smith, CEO of Blockwell. “Shopin and Blockwell are freeing the shopper and retail economy from these constraints through the Shopin token. You had the power to give that freedom away, together we’re helping to bring it back.”