Recorded in the MLS for the month of June, Monroe had two of the most expensive homes under contract in Chicago’s West Loop:
- 7AG: a four-bedroom, four and a half-bathroom with den is under contract for $2.625 million.
- 3,240 square-foot penthouse with a 600 square-foot roof deck and separate balcony
- 2AGF: a five-bedroom, five and a half-bathroom is under contract for $3.1 million.
- 4,924 square-foot home with a 600 square-foot terrace and separate balcony
Developed by JK Equities with sales and marketing being handled exclusively by ON Collaborative, the 42-unit, seven-story luxury condominium most recently announced that construction commenced on June 11, with expected delivery by summer 2021.
There were only two other sales over $2M that went under contract in the West Loop in June – both new construction:
- 15 N Elizabeth – PH unit $2,295,000
- 1000 W Monroe – PH unit $2,295,000
Designed by the award-winning, Chicago-based architecture firm Booth Hansen, 1400 Monroe was designed in part to create harmony between the neighborhood’s industrial past and today’s modern design. The façade will be made up of a rich depth of grey brick paired with metal detailing and industrial-sized windows flooding the homes with natural light. Residences, designed by highly acclaimed, New York-based Mojo Stumer, boast modern, open-concept floor plans that are designed for space efficiency with oversized kitchens and elegant finishes. Most homes will feature large balconies for entertaining or Juliet balconies, and select second-floor homes will feature expansive outdoor terraces.
Nestled on a tree-lined street just steps from Skinner West Elementary School, Skinner Park and the excitement of Downtown, 1400 Monroe offers private luxury living all while being moments away from Chicago’s most vibrant neighborhood.
For more information, visit here or call 312-346-7620 to schedule and in-person or virtual appointment. 1400 Monroe’s sales gallery is located at 33 N. Morgan Street.