Newswire Mann Market

Star Wellness Spa to Open at Flushing Plaza

Muss Development LLC announced that Star Wellness Spa, a career training school and practice salon, has signed a long-term, 5,920-square-foot office and retail lease at Flushing Plaza, located at 41-61 Kissena Blvd. in the Flushing neighborhood of Queens, New York.

The career training school and practice salon will conduct medical-related and beauty training and practice for services such as Botox and filler injections, IV treatments, laser treatments, cosmetology, and more. The career training school will occupy 60% of the space, with the remaining 40% to be utilized for the practice salon.

Muss Development was represented internally in the transaction by Senior Vice President Ross Spitalnick, along with Michael Wang of Project Queens LLC. Star Wellness Spa was represented by Chan Xu of B Square Realty.

“We’re looking forward to welcoming Star Wellness Spa to Flushing Plaza,” said Jason Muss, president of Muss Development. “The career training school will provide a valuable educational resource for emerging talent within the beauty industry to the surrounding area.”

Flushing Plaza is one of the largest commercial buildings in Flushing, centrally located in one of downtown Flushing’s busiest shopping areas. Muss acquired the two-story building in 1981, which was converted in 1983 into 267,000 square feet of custom-designed office and retail space, with an additional 43,000-square-foot concourse level reconfigured to house numerous medical offices.