As real estate professionals find new ways to engage with brokers and prospective buyers, they’ve been exploring interesting ways to stay relevant and top-of-mind in light of the pandemic. Here are a handful of fun examples from the New York real estate community:
- 277 Fifth Avenue, a joint venture by Lendlease and Victor Group, created a custom jigsaw puzzle depicting the stunning Rafael Viñoly-designed luxury condo in NYC’s NoMad nabe – the tallest residential building along Manhattan’s iconic Fifth Ave– to keep the building top-of-mind for brokers and give them a fun, relaxing activity to do while sheltering in place. The puzzle depicts various iconic NYC landmarks such as the super-talls on 57th, Rockefeller Center, Penn Plaza and of course the Empire State Building, among others
- NYC-based residential brokerage Elegran created a series of Webinars for both industry professionals and consumers to continue fostering relationships and offer valuable expert guidance on every facet of the residential real estate market. In the latest session, “Navigating Today’s Evolving Real Estate Market” hosted by Chief Learning Officer of Burkland Associates Steven Lord, industry leaders who have guided their organizations and clients through previous crises such as Hurricane Sandy, the 2009 financial crisis and 9/11 discussed how to buy and sell virtually, where home prices are going, how to make sense of data, investment advice and more. Panelists included Noah Rosenblatt, founder and CEO of Urban Digs; Scott Van der Marck, senior managing director of First Republic Bank; Ross Levine, co-managing partner at Schwartz Levine and Jared Antin, director of sales at Elegran.
- 251 W 177th created an app – 251 W 117th – available anywhere you download your apps, to virtually tour the building, neighborhood and even apply for housing. With leasing led by MNS, the 72-unit South Harlem rental features studios, one- and two-bedroom residences.
- To stay top-of-mind with brokers and provide a useful resource for them while sheltering in place, Queens-based brokerage Modern Spaces launched an industry-focused podcast, “See You in QNS!” The podcast covers the movers and shakers of New York City’s bustling Queens borough, exploring its challenges, wonders and attractions. Hosted by Modern Spaces CEO Eric Benaim, guests of the new, bi-weekly podcast include small business owners, real estate professionals, politicians and other stakeholders in the Queens community. The firm also created a video compilation from agents’ footage of NYC’s daily 7 p.m. #clapbecausewecare and a “Quarantunes 2020” playlist on Spotify to help people get through these tough times as they work from home.
- New episode: Michelle Caruso Cabrera | For Congress